Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Test of Time

Needing and wanting of something pretty much relates to missing or losing that very same thing.

When I was still in primary school, Dad bought me a mickey mouse watch. You know, the one where you have Mickey's hands (or rather leg, since Mickey is a mouse) pointing out to the numbers. My sister somehow wore it to school and lost it. But I did'nt get mad at her. I guess when you are still young, you tend to loose things.

But only after not having it anymore, I came to realise the value of something that I have lost. The value is not tied to ringgit and cents but rather to the fact that it was my first watch. It had a sentimental value though. Since then, I never really got the hang of wearing a watch.
  • In secondary school, I carry around a watch in my pocket, minus the band.
  • Over the years, I bought cheap watches and lost it. Who bothers.
  • Watches, somehow is not a good birthday present for me.
  • Nowadays, no one look at watches to know the time, anyway. Handphones, remember?
In a relationship, be it pre-marriage or post-marriage, couples dont really realise what is the consequences of losing each other. They tend to see things which had somehow became too obvious and irritating that they wanted to get rid of those things. Well, you get rid of the bad ones, the good ones leave at the same time. You're getting rid of something that came in a package. Huh.. forgotten that fact my friend?

Lets keep things simple. As simple things will stand the test of time.

1 comment:

NurNiezzaRiena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.